A high value added business model
A culture of winning
1982 turnover: €1 million
- CLASQUIN’s Sales Director, Yves REVOL, oversaw the buyout of the company.
- At that time, what would go on to become the Group hadjust one office in Lyon.
1983 turnover: €1.5 million
- A pioneer in its field, CLASQUIN specialised in air transport engineering. The Group explicitly targeted French air exports to the Asia-Pacific region.
- An agency opened in Paris in 1983 (Roissy CDG), and nine trade delegations were created in the main Asian-Pacific cities: Hong Kong, Tokyo, Osaka, Singapore, Bangkok, Seoul, Taiwan, Melbourne and Sydney. Within six years, the Group had established itself as the leader in the France-Asia-Pacific air freight market.
- 1986 saw the creation of LOG System, an IT subsidiary focussed on the design and development of software for the overseas transport and logistics sector.
1990 turnover: €15 million
- The commercial offer was then extended to the maritime sector.
- 1993: opening of two sales delegations in China (Beijing et Shanghai) and an office in New York (external growth).
1995 turnover: €30.9 million
- Little by little, CLASQUIN transformed all of its sales delegations into operational subsidiaries.
- During the same period, the Group opened several new subsidiaries: CLASQUIN Italy, CLASQUIN Spain, CLASQUIN Vietnam and CLASQUIN Malaysia.
2000 turnover: €60.9 million
- The Group strengthened its information system and along with its subsidiary LOG SYSTEM developed a fully-fledged ERP (operations management, single accounting tool, automatic monthly reporting, clearing office, etc.).
- In 2004, Banque de Vizille, which later became CM-CIC Investissement, became a shareholder.
2006 turnover: €106.0 million
- CLASQUIN was listed in the Euronext Growth section of the NYSE Euronext.
- The Group thus gave itself the means by which to achieve its goal of speeding up its development through internal and external growth.
2008 turnover: €150 million
- 2008: Acquisition of GUEPPE. GUEPPE.
- 2010: New subsidiaries opened in Germany and Canada.
- 2011: Opening of CLASQUIN India.
2012 turnover: €184 million
- 2012: acquisition of INTERCARGO in Spain.
- 2014: acquisition of GAF in Germany and ECS in the United States.
- 2015: acquisition of LCI, a specialist in Northwest Africa and Turkey.
- Sale of CLASQUIN GUEPPE at the end of 2015
Turnover: €235 million
- Establishment of a new Executive Committee with the recruitment of Laurence ILHE (General Secretary) and Quentin LACOSTE (Chief Operating Officer).
- Acquisition of ART SHIPPING in Paris.
- Opening of new subsidiaries in Portugal and Chile.
2017 turnover: €290.6 million
- Double-digit growth in business and results.
- Global deployment of Cargowise One (Operations Management Software) in Italy, initially, following by Hong Kong and China.
2018 turnover: €308.3 million
- Deployment of Cargowise in France, Germany, USA, Singapore, India, Malaysia, Japan and Korea.
- Opening of CLASQUIN Fairs & Events in Paris – a subsidiary dedicated to international logistics for trade shows and exhibitions.
- Acquisition by LOG SYSTEM of COSMOS CONSULTANTS – a publisher of customs solutions and international trade documents.
- Creation of LOG SYSTEM TUNISIA, SSII focussed on nearshore development, Microsoft skills centre, AI and business processes.
- Sale of ECS/US to its long-standing director.
- Opening of CLASQUIN ATLANTA and CLASQUIN MIAMI.
- Opening of two West African sales delegations in Dakar and Bamako.
- Acquisition of the Société Favat in Marseille, a company specialising in food transit.