PEOPLE: building high-performance, committed teams
CLASQUIN is, first and foremost, and has always been, very attentive to valuing, listening to, training and protecting its teams through a very marked social policy. This is reflected in a demanding recruitment policy, an attractive employer brand, development initiatives (CLASQUIN Academy), a profit-sharing and employee shareholding scheme, and a regular listening and exchange system (Funometer barometer).
Multicultural and international teams united by a unique corporate culture
CLASQUIN currently has more than 925 employees in 21 countries.
A large half of them are in Europe, almost a third in Asia and 15% in the Americas.
All of them naturally evolve in an international and multicultural environment and live at the rhythm of the world’s evolution and intercontinental exchanges. Passionate about international transport and logistics, they put their expertise and commitment at the service of the group’s customers every day.
An attractive human resources policy
Our HR policy includes all the characteristics that help us attract the best:
- Autonomy and responsibility at all levels. Our Country Managers are true entrepreneurs, responsible for their profit centers
- Ownership of managers and employees in countries where this is possible,
- Promotion of diversity
- Direct, simple and efficient hierarchical relationships,
- Variable remuneration for all employees, based on the collective performance of their business unit,
- Regular evaluation of internal satisfaction and possibility of anonymous expression of all employees (funometer),
- Multicultural environment,
- Development of competences and valorisation of experiences/richness of career paths.
Demanding recruitment supported by a strong employer brand
Recruitment is a “sacred act”, voluntarily demanding and selective, in order to guarantee the adequacy of all employees with our fundamental values “Professionalism, Enthusiasm, Integrity” and the international dimension required by our positioning and culture.
Co-optation is our most efficient recruitment channel. Its internal promotion is supported by a dedicated “talent acquisition” unit, as well as by a digital application, “Clasqu’IN”, accessible to all our employees. We are also building a community of internal ambassadors around our employer brand, who express their pride in belonging and their commitment.
We are constantly looking for employees who share our culture and recognize themselves in our values.
A desire to train and develop employees
The Group’s attractiveness is based on its ability to offer its talents prospects in terms of career development, responsibility and personal growth over the long term. This approach is based on three pillars: the development of in-house skills, the enhancement of experience and the promotion of internal mobility.
- Through our CLASQUIN ACADEMY, the Group enhances the skills of its expert employees by allowing them to become internal trainers and thus share their knowledge and experience with other Group employees.
- In addition, needs are collected during annual interviews and career prospects, as well as during the annual “People Reviews” conducted by the Human Resources team.
- The creation of a “SALES ACADEMY” enables the sales teams to improve their skills and create a collective sales dynamic.
- The migration to collaborative work tools such as “teams” encourages the exchange and sharing of skills.
A unifying entrepreneurial spirit
Since 1983, CLASQUIN‘s capital has been controlled by its managers. This historical specificity of the company influences its management methods and allows to :
- To spread and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit;
- To aim for economic performance.
CLASQUIN encourages the development of shareholding by its managers, directly within the local subsidiary or within the Group’s holding company.
In 2019, CLASQUIN implemented a co-investment plan in CLASQUIN SA shares for Top Management and Managers in order to unite the Group’s executives and managers around the company’s project and strengthen their sense of belonging.
CLASQUIN has also opened the capital of some of its subsidiaries to local managers.
For companies incorporated under French law, the Company Savings Plan, supplemented by an attractive matching policy, enhances the value of employees’ investments in the CLASQUIN Performances mutual fund.
REMUNERATION FOR COLLECTIVE ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE
Our policy of variable compensation correlated to collective performance is a key element of our differentiation and enables us to attract the best while uniting our teams.
This unique system invites all employees to make a collective commitment to the performance of their Profit Center. This variable compensation system is composed of
- Collective Performance Salary, calculated on the basis of the economic results of each Profit Center;
- Individual Performance Salary, which rewards individual contribution to the achievement of motivating objectives.
CLASQUIN, the culture of “FUN” and well-being at work
CLASQUIN encourages a corporate culture based on regular managerial exchanges and a stimulating and rich team life. In order to improve well-being and pleasure at work, to strengthen the commitment and performance of teams and to capture the expectations of all employees, the HR department has set up an internal barometer, the “Funometer“.
The objective is to invite all employees to express their opinions anonymously and make suggestions on six themes: their job, their department, their management, their confidence in the Group, their work tools and their career prospects. This internal consultation enables the Group to develop ambitious and proactive action plans.
In addition, major events regularly bring together all our employees to strengthen the feeling of belonging to the Group, to develop a competitive spirit and a taste for victory, and to anchor our “Clients, Profit & Fun” motto.
THE WORLD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETING (WMCM)
Every year, this important event brings together all country managers, sales directors and functional directors, as well as the members of the Management Committee. Its objective is to validate the company’s main projects, discuss priorities and define action plans.
SUMMER UNIVERSITIES (SU)
This festive, multicultural and sporting event, based on a culture of fun and performance, brings together the company’s key players on average every two years, alternating between Europe, Asia and America (the Group’s geographical pillars).
PARTNER: being a responsible and honest player
To get involved in society through local and international solidarity actions
The Group has been involved for many years through its agencies acting autonomously through local actions, donations or skills sponsorship.
Local roots in Rhône-Alpes 2020
- The Group is particularly sensitive to equal opportunity, academic success and integration into the workforce, and supports locally based associations such as COUP DE POUCE and RESSORT.
- As part of its partnership with the Institut TÉLÉMAQUE, CLASQUIN offers its employees the opportunity to become a tutor for a young middle-school, high-school or apprenticeship student from a modest background, to support them throughout their school career and help them gain confidence.
- CLASQUIN makes a contribution to the Fondation de France.
- Whenever possible, the company calls on local adapted companies.
- The Group supports the Hospices Civils de Lyon Foundation, which aims to accelerate the development of innovative projects that promote personalized care for each patient.
- In 2020, CLASQUIN provided office space to the NGO Mercyship, which has been chartering hospital ships to the poorest countries in Africa since 1978 to provide free care, training and assistance in developing local projects. Ambition 2021 : The CLASQUIN FOUNDATION
The CLASQUIN group, which has always been sensitive to the interest in others in the broadest sense and to the values of commitment, integrity and enthusiasm, has decided to go further, to grow and to share by structurally endowing itself with a Foundation in 2021, voted by the Board of Directors in December 2020.
The CLASQUIN Foundation will initially operate in France and EMEA under the aegis of the Fondation de France, and will then expand internationally in the medium term.
Its scope of action in the fields of education, social and environmental issues will be defined according to the commitment of its employees and will be carried out by them on a voluntary basis.
Preventing and fighting corruption
For several years, the Group has been deploying concrete measures to prevent, detect and combat corruption and influence peddling, in accordance with the Sapin 2 law.
All of these actions are detailed in the Group’s Extra-Financial Performance Statement in the appendix to the Management Report on page 171.
- In 2017, the Group implemented an anti-corruption plan, adopted by the Board of Directors carrying various measures in compliance with the “Sapin 2” Law, as well as a Middlenext anti-corruption code of conduct and a confidential internal whistleblower scheme in 2018.
- In 2019, the deployment of the GIFT (Global Integrated Financial Tools) project in most of its subsidiaries has made it possible to separate the various accounting tasks and thus strengthen controls over financial and accounting operations.
- At the same time, the Group is continuing to map out the risks of corruption and influence peddling and is strengthening its procedures for evaluating third parties (in particular via the GIFT project tools and the launch of the “Denied Party Screening” procedure).
- Finally, regular training is provided to teams on the Group’s anti-corruption policy, including an e-learning course to be deployed in 2020, combined with the deployment of a “Gifts and Invitations Policy” throughout the Group.
To get involved in society through local and international solidarity actions
CLASQUIN has set up strategic partnerships to guarantee the security of its organization and thus ensure continuity of service to its customers and data protection.
All of these actions are detailed in the Group’s Extra-Financial Performance Statement in the appendix to the management report on page 171.
- At the end of 2020, the Group set up an Operational Security Center (SOC) with Airbus Cyber Security, which carries out 24/7 monitoring of all services and invests in Cybersecurity tools (behavioral antivirus, web proxy, administration bastion, email protection), while at the same time recruiting a CyberSecurity Manager (RSSI).
- Awareness campaigns on phishing and fraud are regularly conducted to make all employees aware of cyber risks.
- Pragmatic application of Microsoft security: CLASQUIN has implemented Microsoft’s security recommendations due to its strategic positioning in the environment and services offered by CLASQUIN:
– 100% of users have been equipped with dual authentication;
– 1 security audit every year;
– In 2020, the CLASQUIN group has an excellent security posture evaluated by Microsoft at 81/100 (Microsoft Score).
PLANETE : participate in the control of the impact of its ecosystem
Road to green” offer, “greener” solutions for our customers
CLASQUIN is aware that solutions must be applied not only within the company through concrete actions to control environmental impact, but also more broadly on a global ecosystem scale.
CLASQUIN is aware that solutions must be applied not only within the company itself, through concrete actions to control its environmental impact, but also more broadly across its global ecosystem, and has developed a “Green offer” for its customers to help them measure, optimize and rethink their activities on a local or international scale.
- PILLAR 1: Information for better action
Measuring in real time the impact of transport transactions (CO2, Nox, etc.) and helping to make decisions by providing specific performance indicators;
- PILLAR 2: Build operational solutions to reduce expenses related to business transactions
Propose specific business actions such as the identification and selection of means and modes of transport, organizational engineering (Densification, Vacuum management, Distance reduction, Digitalization, Packaging reduction…);
- PILLAR 3: Reconfigure the entire Supply Chain from a “Green” perspective
To propose a consulting offer dedicated to the international reconfiguration of the Supply Chain of our customers.
Acting daily to reduce our environmental impact
Reducing our energy consumption
- CLASQUIN has implemented actions to control and reduce its energy consumption (rationalization of surfaces, energy optimization). Electricity consumption is 0.03 MWh per m² in 2020 (this represents 1.95 kg of CO2), reduced in France this year by 25% due to the vacancy of sites during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The reduction of the impact of travel is also promoted by the establishment of an annual Car Policy based on a choice of service and company vehicles taking into account their GHG emissions. Reducing our greenhouse gas emissions
- Because of its international service activity and its geographical dispersion on 5 continents, CLASQUIN is attentive to its travels which are a major source of CO2 generation.
- Given its international development and the health crisis, CLASQUIN has deployed Microsoft 365 tools throughout the Group, IT tools that promote communication and exchange.
- During the health crisis, new ways of working and collaborating also emerged with the use of telecommuting and the increased use of digital platforms.
- In order to support this desire to reduce our GHG emissions, CLASQUIN has implemented a travel policy to improve monitoring and limit business travel. One of the objectives of this policy is to give priority to environmental aspects and to authorize travel only when it is impossible to use alternative means.